BELOIT, Wis. - Police in Wisconsin arrested a man wanted in connection with alleged attempted homicide and robbery in Minnesota after a brief standoff in Beloit.
The man's mother was also arrested on suspicion of larceny in North Dakota.
Members of the Beloit Police Department's tactical unit served the warrants at 1438 and 1442 Randall Ave. Saturday about 4 a.m.
Officers detained eight people and arrested the two suspects.
Samuel Bullock, 25, was wanted for attempted murder and robbery in Moorhead, Minn. His mother, 53-year-old Denise Harlan, was arrested on felony theft allegations in Fargo, N.D.
Both suspects were being held at the Rock County Jail on Saturday pending extradition hearings.
During the execution of the warrant at 1438 Randall, police said Bullock refused to surrender. Chemical munitions were deployed into the residence where the suspect had concealed himself and police said he surrendered just before 5 a.m., ending the one-hour standoff.
Police said no neighbors or officers were hurt.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say