SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Madison man faces homicide charges after a fatal crash in Sun Prairie Sunday.
Police said Bruce Burnside, 59, hit a pedestrian on the northbound off ramp of Hwy. 151 near Windsor Street, just before 3 p.m.
The 52-year-old woman died at St. Mary's in Sun Prairie.
Burnside was taken to the Dane County jail and he was charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle.
Police had to shut down the busy intersection for hours on Sunday.
In an alert at about 3:30 p.m., police advised residents of the closure due to a crash.
The northbound Highway 151 off- and on-ramps were also closed.
WISC-TV reported the Dane County District Attorney's Office sent an assistant district attorney to the scene. A reconstruction team was also deployed.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire