SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Madison man faces homicide charges after a fatal crash in Sun Prairie Sunday.
Police said Bruce Burnside, 59, hit a pedestrian on the northbound off ramp of Hwy. 151 near Windsor Street, just before 3 p.m.
The 52-year-old woman died at St. Mary's in Sun Prairie.
Burnside was taken to the Dane County jail and he was charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle.
Police had to shut down the busy intersection for hours on Sunday.
In an alert at about 3:30 p.m., police advised residents of the closure due to a crash.
The northbound Highway 151 off- and on-ramps were also closed.
WISC-TV reported the Dane County District Attorney's Office sent an assistant district attorney to the scene. A reconstruction team was also deployed.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline