MONTICELLO, Wis. - A property owner found a live kitten in their mailbox in the W2700 block of County Highway EE Wednesday, according to a release.
Police were dispatched around 8:30 a.m. to the town of Mount Pleasant near Monticello to investigate a suspicious activity complaint, officials said. The property owner went to check the mail and found the kitten in their mailbox.
The property owner told officials they checked the mailbox late Tuesday afternoon and the kitten was not there.
The Green County Humane Society accepted custody of the kitten, according to the release.
The kitten, now named Woodson, is at the humane society at up for adoption.
Officials ask anyone with information regarding the kitten is encouraged to contact the Green County Sheriff's Department.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police