MONTICELLO, Wis. - A property owner found a live kitten in their mailbox in the W2700 block of County Highway EE Wednesday, according to a release.
Police were dispatched around 8:30 a.m. to the town of Mount Pleasant near Monticello to investigate a suspicious activity complaint, officials said. The property owner went to check the mail and found the kitten in their mailbox.
The property owner told officials they checked the mailbox late Tuesday afternoon and the kitten was not there.
The Green County Humane Society accepted custody of the kitten, according to the release.
The kitten, now named Woodson, is at the humane society at up for adoption.
Officials ask anyone with information regarding the kitten is encouraged to contact the Green County Sheriff's Department.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving