GREEN LAKE, Wis. - Authorities believe a 66-year-old woman who lived alone was the victim of a fatal house fire in Green Lake County.
But sheriff's officials said the remains have not yet been positively identified.
Firefighters responded to a house engulfed in flames in the Township of Princeton around 4 a.m. Tuesday. While firefighters battled the blaze, crews found a body.
WLUK-TV reported an autopsy conducted Tuesday found that the victim died of fire- and heat-related causes.
Authorities are still investigating the cause of the fire.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns