MADISON, Wis. - A 50-year-old homeless man was cited for disorderly conduct and having an open intoxicant after he walked into a home on Madison's east side Thursday night.
According to a police report, Jose T. Cruz, 50, of Madison, entered a house on Home Ave. around 9:30 p.m. Thursday. The 49-year-old woman who owns the home told officers she was very disturbed to find Cruz in her home.
According to the report, Cruz slammed the door and fled the house after being seen by the homeowner. Officers found Cruz still in the area with an open bottle of alcohol.
Officers said Cruz admitted to entering the woman's house because he was cold. The woman said a relative had left the house and had not locked the front door.
Cruz was cited and released.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral