MADISON, Wis. - A 50-year-old homeless man was cited for disorderly conduct and having an open intoxicant after he walked into a home on Madison's east side Thursday night.
According to a police report, Jose T. Cruz, 50, of Madison, entered a house on Home Ave. around 9:30 p.m. Thursday. The 49-year-old woman who owns the home told officers she was very disturbed to find Cruz in her home.
According to the report, Cruz slammed the door and fled the house after being seen by the homeowner. Officers found Cruz still in the area with an open bottle of alcohol.
Officers said Cruz admitted to entering the woman's house because he was cold. The woman said a relative had left the house and had not locked the front door.
Cruz was cited and released.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program