MADISON, Wis. - While the economy continues to improve, home and building sales have also seen an uptick in the last month.
According to the Wisconsin Realtor's Association, home sales rose 18 percent in January compared to last winter.
That trend could be seen at Sunday's Home Products Show at the Alliant Energy Center. More than 200 exhibits showed off everything from gutters to interior furniture.
Home Products Show Chair Virgil Waugh said more people than ever showed up looking to buy.
"The mood that you're seeing out here at the Home Product Show is people are going to do something this year," Waugh said. "A lot of times, other years, we've had people say, ‘Well, I'm going to do something maybe next year,' but now they're saying, ‘This is the year.'"
Waugh said because of January's soaring sales numbers, he is even more optimistic for the future.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say