MADISON, Wis. - While the economy continues to improve, home and building sales have also seen an uptick in the last month.
According to the Wisconsin Realtor's Association, home sales rose 18 percent in January compared to last winter.
That trend could be seen at Sunday's Home Products Show at the Alliant Energy Center. More than 200 exhibits showed off everything from gutters to interior furniture.
Home Products Show Chair Virgil Waugh said more people than ever showed up looking to buy.
"The mood that you're seeing out here at the Home Product Show is people are going to do something this year," Waugh said. "A lot of times, other years, we've had people say, ‘Well, I'm going to do something maybe next year,' but now they're saying, ‘This is the year.'"
Waugh said because of January's soaring sales numbers, he is even more optimistic for the future.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed