MADISON, Wis. - A home intruder fled when confronted by the homeowner and her dog early Sunday morning, according to Madison police.
The 39-year-old woman, who lives in the 3500 block of Dawes Street, told police she was scared for her life when she found the intruder. She said she yelled at the woman.
Using a description from the victim, police said they found Peggy L. Fleming, 33, of Madison, on Milwaukee Street and arrested her. Police said Fleming has a history of similar crimes.
Fleming was arrested on suspicion of criminal trespass to a dwelling, disorderly conduct and bail jumping.
Police said she got into the home through an unlocked door.Madison crime map
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal