MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a home on the city's near east side was burglarized early Saturday morning.
A 49-year-old man who lives on the 1300 block of East Mifflin Street was awakened by sounds of rustling coming from the downstairs of his home at about 2:30 a.m.
He went to investigate and found lights on and snowy footprints leading from the rear door to the living room, police said.
Police said there were no signs of forced entry.
A burglar got away with the victim's laptop computer and cash from his wallet, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- 2 deputies on leave after man shoots himself during eviction
- New route set for Ride the Drive
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program