MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a home on the city's near east side was burglarized early Saturday morning.
A 49-year-old man who lives on the 1300 block of East Mifflin Street was awakened by sounds of rustling coming from the downstairs of his home at about 2:30 a.m.
He went to investigate and found lights on and snowy footprints leading from the rear door to the living room, police said.
Police said there were no signs of forced entry.
A burglar got away with the victim's laptop computer and cash from his wallet, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry