MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a home on the city's near east side was burglarized early Saturday morning.
A 49-year-old man who lives on the 1300 block of East Mifflin Street was awakened by sounds of rustling coming from the downstairs of his home at about 2:30 a.m.
He went to investigate and found lights on and snowy footprints leading from the rear door to the living room, police said.
Police said there were no signs of forced entry.
A burglar got away with the victim's laptop computer and cash from his wallet, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street