MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a home on the city's near east side was burglarized early Saturday morning.
A 49-year-old man who lives on the 1300 block of East Mifflin Street was awakened by sounds of rustling coming from the downstairs of his home at about 2:30 a.m.
He went to investigate and found lights on and snowy footprints leading from the rear door to the living room, police said.
Police said there were no signs of forced entry.
A burglar got away with the victim's laptop computer and cash from his wallet, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors2
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head