OSHKOSH, Wis. - A Holmen woman who took home the Miss Wisconsin crown has become the first person to hold the title twice.
Raenna Johnson was named Miss Wisconsin on Saturday night in Oshkosh.
It's a repeat -- of sorts -- for Johnson.
Back in 2011, she was named first runner-up to Laura Kaeppeler. But then Kaeppeler went on to win the Miss America pageant -- so Johnson assumed the Miss Wisconsin title in January of 2012.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that pageant rules allow women who ascend to state titles to compete again after skipping a year. That's what Johnson did.
The 24-year-old Johnson graduated from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse this year. She studied communications and women's studies. She'll compete in the Miss America pageant in September.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say