MADISON, Wis. - A hole prompted the closure of Milwaukee Street on Madison's east side Wednesday morning.
Madison police said the hole was on a bridge going over Starkweather Creek.
The hole was 1 1/2 feet in diameter and in the westbound lanes. The westbound lanes were closed initially before the closure expanded to both lanes.
The lanes were reopened at about 11:30 a.m.
There's a meeting scheduled for Wednesday to regarding replacement of the bridge.25050760
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash