MADISON, Wis. - A hole prompted the closure of Milwaukee Street on Madison's east side Wednesday morning.
Madison police said the hole was on a bridge going over Starkweather Creek.
The hole was 1 1/2 feet in diameter and in the westbound lanes. The westbound lanes were closed initially before the closure expanded to both lanes.
The lanes were reopened at about 11:30 a.m.
There's a meeting scheduled for Wednesday to regarding replacement of the bridge.25050760
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land