MADISON, Wis. - A hole prompted the closure of Milwaukee Street on Madison's east side Wednesday morning.
Madison police said the hole was on a bridge going over Starkweather Creek.
The hole was 1 1/2 feet in diameter and in the westbound lanes. The westbound lanes were closed initially before the closure expanded to both lanes.
The lanes were reopened at about 11:30 a.m.
There's a meeting scheduled for Wednesday to regarding replacement of the bridge.25050760
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns