BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. - The Ho-Chunk Nation announced it selected its first female vice president Thursday, according to a release.
The Ho-Chunk Nation Legislature selected Rep. Heather Cloud to fill the post, according to the release.
Cloud was elected to represent District 3 in 2011 and her term runs until 2015, so for the rest of her term she will hold the title vice president, according to the release.
The Ho-Chunk Nation also announced Rep. Kathyleen Lone Tree-Whiterabbit is its new tribal secretary, according to the release.
Other representatives sworn in on July 3 were Greg Blackdeer, District 1, David Greendeer, District 2, Henning Garvin, District 2, Darren Brinegar, District 3, and Mathew Mullen, District 5.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth