BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. - The Ho-Chunk Nation announced it selected its first female vice president Thursday, according to a release.
The Ho-Chunk Nation Legislature selected Rep. Heather Cloud to fill the post, according to the release.
Cloud was elected to represent District 3 in 2011 and her term runs until 2015, so for the rest of her term she will hold the title vice president, according to the release.
The Ho-Chunk Nation also announced Rep. Kathyleen Lone Tree-Whiterabbit is its new tribal secretary, according to the release.
Other representatives sworn in on July 3 were Greg Blackdeer, District 1, David Greendeer, District 2, Henning Garvin, District 2, Darren Brinegar, District 3, and Mathew Mullen, District 5.
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them