MADISON, Wis. - A hit-and-run crash resulted in the arrest of a 51-year-old Madison man on suspicion of sixth-offense operating while intoxicated.
Police were called to an area near the Beltline and South Whitney Way at 11:50 a.m. on Tuesday for a report of a rear-end hit-and-run crash. Officers began searching for a suspect.
A witness followed an SUV suspected of being in the crash to an area of Old Sauk Road and called dispatchers.
Police said Christopher L. Eddy was found at a nearby hotel and admitted to drinking one glass of wine. Officers said Eddy smelled strongly of alcohol.
Police said they inspected his SUV, which matched the description of the SUV involved in the hit-and-run.
Eddy registered a blood alcohol content reading of 0.21.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000