MADISON, Wis. - A hit-and-run crash resulted in the arrest of a 51-year-old Madison man on suspicion of sixth-offense operating while intoxicated.
Police were called to an area near the Beltline and South Whitney Way at 11:50 a.m. on Tuesday for a report of a rear-end hit-and-run crash. Officers began searching for a suspect.
A witness followed an SUV suspected of being in the crash to an area of Old Sauk Road and called dispatchers.
Police said Christopher L. Eddy was found at a nearby hotel and admitted to drinking one glass of wine. Officers said Eddy smelled strongly of alcohol.
Police said they inspected his SUV, which matched the description of the SUV involved in the hit-and-run.
Eddy registered a blood alcohol content reading of 0.21.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land