MIDDLETON, Wis. - A Middleton man was jailed for a fifth drunken-driving arrest Friday evening after police said he was involved in a hit-and-run accident.
Middleton police officers responded to an accident at University Avenue and Park Street just before 8 p.m. Witnesses told police one of the vehicles involved in the crash had fled the scene.
Police said the driver fled on foot and was located and detained by officers a few blocks from his home.
Kevin Rogan, 51, of Middleton was arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated, fifth offense, and hit-and-run causing injury, both felony charges according to the report.
Rogan was also cited for inattentive driving and driving without insurance.
He was jailed on the felony charges.
The driver of the other vehicle sustained non-life-threatening injuries and refused medical treatment at the scene.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program