SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested Sunday after fleeing into a nearby cornfield from a two-vehicle crash, according to a release.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies were called to a two-vehicle crash Sunday around 5:45 p.m. at Highway T and Bailey Road, according to the release.
Kari L. Yahnke, 46, of Sun Prairie, was traveling eastbound on Highway T when a vehicle traveling southbound on Bailey Road hit her vehicle, according to the release. Yahnke was not injured.
Officials said the other driver, Luis E. Martinez-Martinez, 21, of Madison, fled the scene on foot and ran into a nearby cornfield. Deputies later located Martinez at his Cottage Grove Road residence.
During the investigation Martinez told officials he was the driver of the vehicle involved in the crash and had received a ride from a resident in the area following the crash, officials said.
Martinez was arrested on charges of operating while intoxicated -- first offense, operating after suspension, hit-and-run, failure to stop at a stop sign, failure to report an accident, open intoxicants, and operating without insurance, according to the release.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend