MADISON, Wis. - WISC-TV Editorial Director Neil Heinen was recognized by the Association of Opinion Journalists with a lifetime membership for his more than 20 years in editorial writing.
In 2007, Heinen was president of the National Conference of Editorial Writers. From 2010-2011, he was president of the NCEW Foundation. He volunteered to remain on the board of directors until the end of 2013.
Heinen has served as editor of Madison Magazine, where he also writes a monthly column with his wife, Nancy. He hosts "For the Record," a weekly public-affairs program that airs Sundays on WISC-TV.
Heinen also serves on the faculty of the Kettering Foundation and Edgewood College and is also on the board of We the People Wisconsin.
Heinen received the AOJ's highest honor this week at the group's convention in Newport, R.I.
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle