MADISON, Wis. - Summer-like temperatures prompted a number of school districts to close their doors early on Monday.
As of 12:30 p.m., schools in Platteville, River Ridge and Wauzeka were on the list of schools closing early because of the heat.
Southwestern Wisconsin is included in a heat advisory scheduled to continue until 8 p.m.
The heat index is forecast to reach 92-100 degrees.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees