MADISON, Wis. - Summer-like temperatures prompted a number of school districts to close their doors early on Monday.
As of 12:30 p.m., schools in Platteville, River Ridge and Wauzeka were on the list of schools closing early because of the heat.
Southwestern Wisconsin is included in a heat advisory scheduled to continue until 8 p.m.
The heat index is forecast to reach 92-100 degrees.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK