MADISON, Wis. - Summer-like temperatures prompted a number of school districts to close their doors early on Monday.
As of 12:30 p.m., schools in Platteville, River Ridge and Wauzeka were on the list of schools closing early because of the heat.
Southwestern Wisconsin is included in a heat advisory scheduled to continue until 8 p.m.
The heat index is forecast to reach 92-100 degrees.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks