MADISON, Wis. - Summer-like temperatures prompted a number of school districts to close their doors early on Monday.
As of 12:30 p.m., schools in Platteville, River Ridge and Wauzeka were on the list of schools closing early because of the heat.
Southwestern Wisconsin is included in a heat advisory scheduled to continue until 8 p.m.
The heat index is forecast to reach 92-100 degrees.
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video