MADISON, Wis. - A public hearing will be held Tuesday for comments on the Dane County Department of Human Services' 2014 budget, according to a release.
The hearing will be held in the Mendota 1 Room of the Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center, according to the release. The hearing begins at 6 p.m.
An overview of the budget will be provided and public testimony will follow, officials said. The hearing will focus on public testimony for Badger Prairie Health Care Center, services for seniors, child welfare and delinquency programs, children's mental health services, services for people with development and physical disabilities, economic assistance and work services, substance abuse services for children and adults, and mental health services.
Each person presenting at the hearing will be limited to three minutes of testimony, according to the release.
The hearing is being held by Dane County Executive Joe Parisi and the Dane County Board of Supervisors, along with the county Long Term Support Committee, the county Human Services Board and the Area Agency on Aging Board of Directors.
The Dane County Board of Supervisors will also hold a public hearing on the budget requests of county departments, other than the Department of Human Services, Sept. 11 at 6 p.m. in the County Board chambers.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street