MADISON, Wis. - A dog that attacked another dog and bit the dog's owner is being sought by Department of Public Health – Madison and Dane County officials.
The department said the dog was attacked on Saturday at about 3 p.m. at the Brittingham Dog Park on West Shore Drive in Madison.
A man was bitten as he tried to pry open the mouth of the dog biting his dog, according to health officials.
The dog is described as a black or dark bridle bull mastiff or similar breed. It's possibly named Sully.
The dog's owner is described as a white woman in her mid-20s, short, with an average build and brown hair.
If the dog is not located, the victim might have to take an expensive and painful series of shots to prevent rabies, according to health officials.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call 608-255-2345.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI