MIDDLETON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated use of a vehicle after a head-on crash that injured a 45-year-old woman Tuesday.
Middleton police were called to the 1500 block of North Gammon Road at 5:52 p.m for a report of a head-on crash. A woman traveling south of North Gammon Road was taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators said Charles A. Butler, 32, intentionally let go of his steering wheel and allowed it to travel into oncoming traffic.
Butler was also arrested on suspicion of first-degree recklessly endangering safety and obstructing an officer.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers