SHULLSBURG, Wis. - Hazardous materials teams responded to the scene of a crash on Highway 11 near Shullsburg around 11:50 Monday morning, according to a release.
Investigators said a large tow truck was northbound on Summit Road when it entered Highway 11 and was unable to stop because the road was snow-packed and slippery. A semitrailer was eastbound on Highway 11, and the tow truck and semitrailer collided in the intersection.
Hazmat teams are on the scene, working to contain the cargo of the semitrailer, officials said. Shullsburg and Darlington firefighters are also on the scene with law enforcement.
Highway 11 will be closed while the crash scene is being investigated, according to a release.
Officials anticipate Highway 11 to be closed for several hours while the vehicles are removed and the hazmat teams continue their work.
According to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Highway 11 is closed in both directions at Highway E near Shullsburg. Traffic is being detoured to highways 80, 81 and 23.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement