SHULLSBURG, Wis. - Hazardous materials teams responded to the scene of a crash on Highway 11 near Shullsburg around 11:50 Monday morning, according to a release.
Investigators said a large tow truck was northbound on Summit Road when it entered Highway 11 and was unable to stop because the road was snow-packed and slippery. A semitrailer was eastbound on Highway 11, and the tow truck and semitrailer collided in the intersection.
Hazmat teams are on the scene, working to contain the cargo of the semitrailer, officials said. Shullsburg and Darlington firefighters are also on the scene with law enforcement.
Highway 11 will be closed while the crash scene is being investigated, according to a release.
Officials anticipate Highway 11 to be closed for several hours while the vehicles are removed and the hazmat teams continue their work.
According to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Highway 11 is closed in both directions at Highway E near Shullsburg. Traffic is being detoured to highways 80, 81 and 23.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say