MADISON, Wis. - The Red Cross is still looking for help this winter after blood drives had to be canceled due to the harsh winter weather.
The Red Cross provides needed blood to patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, and canceled blood drives mean the agency is short about 50,000 donations nationally and another 800 donations in Wisconsin.
"Unfortunately when we put them back on the books, we don't have the marketing and the build-up, and we can only collect about 60 to 70 percent ratio of what we would have collected the first time around," Red Cross spokesman Brian Gomez said.
Those looking to donate should call 1-800-RED-CROSS or go online.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says