MILWAUKEE - In Milwaukee, baseball legend hank Aaron addressed graduates at Marquette University Sunday morning.
In his speech, Aaron encouraged graduates to follow their dreams.
But he reminded them that it will take a lot of hard work to achieve those dreams.
"The one thing I try to tell all these young kids is that there is absolutely no short cut to success," said Aaron.
Aaron regaled with crowd with his memories of walking by Marquette University many times in 1954.
He would pass the school, he said, as he walked to County Stadium during his rookie year as a Milwaukee Brave.
On Sunday, he received an honorary doctorate from the school.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say