CLARNO TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A can of hairspray stuck under a brake pedal led to a crash Wednesday, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies responded to Highway 69 at County Road B at 6:18 p.m. to a report of a rear-end crash.
Investigators said a vehicle driven by Jeffrey A Hable, 41, of Browntown, was stopped on Highway 69 waiting to turn on County Road B when it was struck by a northbound vehicle driven by Alane K. Fransen, 38, of Freeport.
Fransen said that as she tried to stop, a can of hairspray fell to the floorboard and landed underneath the brake pedal. She said she was not able to remove the can in time to stop.
No one was injured in the crash.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes