LA CROSSE, Wis. - Thunderstorms packing heavy rain, hail and high winds have pounded parts of southwestern Wisconsin and southeastern Minnesota.
The National Weather Service says a cooperative observer measured 2.5-inch hail near La Crosse Thursday.
Hail measuring 2 inches was reported near Onalaska.
In southeastern Minnesota, hail estimated at 1.25 inches was reported near Lanesboro. Law enforcement reported hail estimated at 1 inch near LaCrescent.
Some crop damage is reported in Fillmore County in a swath south of Highway 52.
The storm dumped 2.1 inches of rain in Spring Valley in southeastern Minnesota. Gusty winds estimated at 40 mph were reported near Harmony.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes