LA CROSSE, Wis. - Thunderstorms packing heavy rain, hail and high winds have pounded parts of southwestern Wisconsin and southeastern Minnesota.
The National Weather Service says a cooperative observer measured 2.5-inch hail near La Crosse Thursday.
Hail measuring 2 inches was reported near Onalaska.
In southeastern Minnesota, hail estimated at 1.25 inches was reported near Lanesboro. Law enforcement reported hail estimated at 1 inch near LaCrescent.
Some crop damage is reported in Fillmore County in a swath south of Highway 52.
The storm dumped 2.1 inches of rain in Spring Valley in southeastern Minnesota. Gusty winds estimated at 40 mph were reported near Harmony.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK