MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee-area gynecologist has been sentenced to a year in jail for having inappropriate sexual contact and conversation with four patients.
Evan Saunders, 48, of Whitefish Bay, also will be on probation for three years.
Saunders was found guilty in September of four counts each of fourth-degree sexual assault and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
Judge Ellen Brostrom on Thursday sentenced Saunders to four consecutive 90-day jail terms on the disorderly conduct counts.
Saunders also must pay restitution. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the final amount will be determined at a hearing Dec. 19.
The women testified Saunders had touched them indecently during examinations. Saunders testified that some of the touching and discussions took place but were for legitimate medical reasons.
He surrendered his medical license last month.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline