MADISON, Wis. - Numerous residents reported hearing gunfire in a neighborhood on Madison's near east side early Monday morning, according to police.
Officers were called to Oak Street at 12:43 a.m. and found a shell casing in the road in the 200 block of Oak Street and four more in the 100 block.
A witness told police a light-colored older car was heading south on Oak Street about the time the shots were fired.
There were no reports of injury or damage.22541958
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry