MADISON, Wis. - Numerous residents reported hearing gunfire in a neighborhood on Madison's near east side early Monday morning, according to police.
Officers were called to Oak Street at 12:43 a.m. and found a shell casing in the road in the 200 block of Oak Street and four more in the 100 block.
A witness told police a light-colored older car was heading south on Oak Street about the time the shots were fired.
There were no reports of injury or damage.22541958
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program