MADISON, Wis. - Numerous residents reported hearing gunfire in a neighborhood on Madison's near east side early Monday morning, according to police.
Officers were called to Oak Street at 12:43 a.m. and found a shell casing in the road in the 200 block of Oak Street and four more in the 100 block.
A witness told police a light-colored older car was heading south on Oak Street about the time the shots were fired.
There were no reports of injury or damage.22541958
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire