Authorities said a gun was fired during an altercation between a Walworth County sheriff's deputy and a patient prisoner at an Elkhorn hospital.
Aurora Healthcare spokesman Adam Beeson said the incident in a room at Lakeland Hospital Monday night was isolated. He says it was not an active shooter scenario. Beeson would not say if the patient was struck, citing privacy concerns.
WISN-TV reported the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department is investigating the incident at the request of the Walworth County sheriff.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers