Authorities said a gun was fired during an altercation between a Walworth County sheriff's deputy and a patient prisoner at an Elkhorn hospital.
Aurora Healthcare spokesman Adam Beeson said the incident in a room at Lakeland Hospital Monday night was isolated. He says it was not an active shooter scenario. Beeson would not say if the patient was struck, citing privacy concerns.
WISN-TV reported the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department is investigating the incident at the request of the Walworth County sheriff.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns