TOWN OF BEETOWN, Wis. - A Mukwonago man was hit in the hand by a bullet while hunting on private property Saturday morning, officials said.
Gregory Knott, 32, was hunting in the town of Beetown in Grant County around 6:30 a.m., according to a release.
Knott was sitting in an elevated ladder stand when the .45 semi-automatic handgun he was loading discharged and hit him in his left hand, officials said.
He was taken by private vehicle to Grant Regional Hospital in Lancaster and later to UW Hospital in Madison, according to the release.
No arrests or charges have resulted from the incident, officials said.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'