MADISON, Wis. - Dozens gathered to bid farewell to Kaleem Caire at the Cardinal Bar in Madison Thursday night.
Caire leaves the Urban League of Greater Madison after four years of service.
He resigned from his position as the group's CEO and president earlier this month.
After his resignation, allegations surfaced that Caire misused the Urban League's credit card.
Caire said he is moving past the controversy.
"Been there, done that. Our board has already answered it. I really just want to move on," Caire said. "They said my integrity is intact so I'll just stick with that."
Caire said he hopes to start Madison Prep, a Madison charter school that was rejected by the Madison School Board in 2011.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire