MADISON, Wis. - A 25-year-old Madison woman was attacked by a group of women in downtown Madison in what police say might have been a random attack, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said the woman was walking with a friend early Sunday morning in the 200 block of Langdon Street when she was attacked from behind by several women. She was pulled to the ground, where she curled up in a fetal position while being kicked and stomped, according to the release.
The woman suffered bruises to her head and was checked out by paramedics.
A security guard who witnessed the attack told police that one of the attackers said, "Let's get that one," just before the assault.
The security guard was able to alert nearby Guardian Angels, who gave chase and caught three suspects.
Denae S. McClarn, 20, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of battery. Two teens, a 16-year-old from Belleville and 16-year-old from Madison, were cited for curfew violations.
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI