STILLWATER, Minn. - Minnesota and Wisconsin transportation officials have scheduled a groundbreaking ceremony for the new St. Croix bridge project connecting the two states.
The ceremony will be held May 28 at Lowell Park in Stillwater. Elected officials from both states are expected to speak.
Work on the St. Croix Crossing already has begun with crews building a construction staging area on the Minnesota banks of the St. Croix River.
The project includes building a new four-lane highway bridge across the river connecting expressways on both sides. Construction of the bridge superstructure is scheduled to start in 2014.
The project will replace the 80-year-old Stillwater Lift Bridge.
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two