MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Bomb Squad evacuated a building on the UW Campus Monday afternoon, after a staff member found a grenade inside a desk on campus.
Police were called to the office in Bardeen Laboratories in the 1200 block of Linden Drive around 3:20 p.m. Monday.
According to the UW Police Department, officers initially determined the object to be an inert training grenade. However, it was determined it could still pose a danger.
Police said the bomb squad was called, and three floors of the building were evacuated. The bomb squad safely removed the grenade, and the building was reopened shortly after 5 p.m.
Police continue to investigate who might have been the owner of the grenade.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart