GREEN COUNTY, Wis. - The Green County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of an inmate.
A male inmate was found unresponsive and not breathing just before 6 a.m. Wednesday. The man was discovered in his individual cell.
Emergency responders were not able to revive the inmate and he was pronounced dead at the jail.
The cause of death has not been determined and is under investigation.
The Monroe Police Department was called to complete an independent investigation.
An autopsy is scheduled, but the inmate's identity has not been released.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks