GREEN COUNTY, Wis. - The Green County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of an inmate.
A male inmate was found unresponsive and not breathing just before 6 a.m. Wednesday. The man was discovered in his individual cell.
Emergency responders were not able to revive the inmate and he was pronounced dead at the jail.
The cause of death has not been determined and is under investigation.
The Monroe Police Department was called to complete an independent investigation.
An autopsy is scheduled, but the inmate's identity has not been released.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say