GREEN COUNTY, Wis. - The Green County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of an inmate.
A male inmate was found unresponsive and not breathing just before 6 a.m. Wednesday. The man was discovered in his individual cell.
Emergency responders were not able to revive the inmate and he was pronounced dead at the jail.
The cause of death has not been determined and is under investigation.
The Monroe Police Department was called to complete an independent investigation.
An autopsy is scheduled, but the inmate's identity has not been released.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend