GREEN BAY, Wis. - A Green Bay woman has been found competent to stand trial in the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend.
Brown County Circuit Court Judge William Atkinson made that ruling this week after 47-year-old Lois Velaszquez underwent a new psychiatric evaluation.
Online court records show her attorney did not contest the new findings.
Velaszquez had been found incompetent for trial last July. The new ruling re-starts the criminal case.
Velaszquez is accused of stabbing 35-year-old Derrick House in Green Bay last May. Police said the two had been arguing when she allegedly attacked him.
WLUK-TV reported a preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 7.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two