GREEN BAY, Wis. - A Green Bay woman has been found competent to stand trial in the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend.
Brown County Circuit Court Judge William Atkinson made that ruling this week after 47-year-old Lois Velaszquez underwent a new psychiatric evaluation.
Online court records show her attorney did not contest the new findings.
Velaszquez had been found incompetent for trial last July. The new ruling re-starts the criminal case.
Velaszquez is accused of stabbing 35-year-old Derrick House in Green Bay last May. Police said the two had been arguing when she allegedly attacked him.
WLUK-TV reported a preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 7.
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick