HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio - Authorities say a 69-year-old woman has died after being accidentally shot by her husband of 50 years in a southwest Ohio suburb.
Police in Huber Heights say Mae Worthy died Friday at a Dayton-area hospital following the Wednesday shooting that left her in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the head.
Huber Heights police Lt. Matt Dulaney told the Dayton Daily News Thursday it appears that Worthy's husband, James Worthy, was handling a gun in the bedroom and accidentally fired a shot that went through a bedroom wall and hit his wife while she sat on the couch.
The Worthys are the grandparents of Jerel Worthy, a defensive end for the Green Bay Packers, who said in a tweet his grandmother was an amazing woman.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets