ONALASKA, Wis. - The YouTube video of Onalaska'a "Grandma Drummer" has reached more than 5 million views online, and it's now making its debut in a Super Bowl commercial.
Onalaska native Mary Hvizda gained attention after a video of her rocking out on the drums in Onalaska's Coalition Drum Shop went viral. The 63-year-old was part of the Chantells, the first all-girl rock band in La Crosse.
Now the video is being featured in a Pizza Hut commercial that will air during the Super Bowl Sunday, according to her Facebook fan page.
Watch the entire commercial here.
- Police: Woman stabbed with scissors in neck by her boyfriend
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles