MADISON, Wis. - The governor's mansion will be open for holiday tours next month.
According to the governor's office, the tours include a view of the main rooms on the first floor and a brief description of the decorations, including six Christmas trees.
The 2-hour tours, which are free, start Dec. 5 and run through Dec. 15.
Gov. Scott Walker is encouraging participants to bring a non-perishable food item for Second Harvest.
Tours are offered the following days:
- Dec. 5 - Noon-2 p.m.
- Dec. 6 -- Noon-2 p.m.
- Dec. 8 -- 10 a.m.-noon
- Dec. 12 -- Noon-2 p.m.
- Dec. 13 -- Noon-2 p.m.
- Dec. 15 -- Noon-2 p.m.
Groups of 20 or more are required to make a reservation by calling 608-246-5501.
The Executive Residence is located at 99 Cambridge Road on Madison's northeast side in the Village of Maple Bluff. It is handicapped accessible.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors