Gov. Scott Walker says he didn't catch anything during a trip to northwestern Wisconsin to kick off the state's inland fishing season opener.
The season began Saturday. Every year Wisconsin's governor goes fishing to kick off the season. Walker's office released a statement early Saturday afternoon saying Walker traveled to Balsam Lake this year. The statement doesn't say whether he caught anything.
The governor told delegates at the Republican state convention Saturday in Milwaukee that he was on the lake earlier that morning in 38-degree temperatures and caught nothing.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral