Gov. Scott Walker says he didn't catch anything during a trip to northwestern Wisconsin to kick off the state's inland fishing season opener.
The season began Saturday. Every year Wisconsin's governor goes fishing to kick off the season. Walker's office released a statement early Saturday afternoon saying Walker traveled to Balsam Lake this year. The statement doesn't say whether he caught anything.
The governor told delegates at the Republican state convention Saturday in Milwaukee that he was on the lake earlier that morning in 38-degree temperatures and caught nothing.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say