MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker has asked the federal government for a waiver to extend Wisconsin's popular prescription drug discount program for senior citizens.
Walker's office announced Friday that his administration has sent a request to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services seeking a waiver to extend the program through 2015. The state's current waiver expires at the end of this year.
The program began in 2002. It provides discounted prescription drugs for state residents who are at least 65 years old and meet eligibility criteria.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say