Gov. Scott Walker is expected to light the Capitol Christmas Tree.
The 37-foot balsam fir tree will be in the Capitol rotunda and is decorated with handmade ornaments from school children. It came from a Medford farm.
The lighting is expected to happen Friday morning.
Fourth-graders from Medford Elementary and Stetsonville Elementary schools have been invited to sing at the tree lighting ceremony.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike