MADISON, Wis. - A Republican candidate for Wisconsin schools superintendent has blacklisted five reporters he considers biased.
An internal memo from state Rep. Don Pridemore's campaign said he won't call the five back, nor give phone interviews to them or their media outlets.
It names Mary Spicuzza of the Wisconsin State Journal, David Umhoefer and Patrick Marley of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jack Craver of The Capital Times and Scott Bauer of The Associated Press. Craver provided a copy to the AP.
Neither Pridemore nor his spokeswoman, Tina Gorzalski, immediately returned phone calls from the AP seeking comment Sunday.
The memo dated Dec. 21 said that if one of the reporters requests an interview, they must submit their questions in writing and the campaign will respond only to questions it wants to answer.
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested