GREEN BAY, Wis. - A leader in the Brown County Republican party is asking state GOP officials to intervene in a growing power struggle within the local group.
A Press-Gazette Media report said the dispute is between Ray Suennen, who's part of the county party's executive committee, and GOP Chairman Mark Becker.
Suennen accused Becker of misleading party members in a bid to seize "total control" of local party affairs.
The request comes as Becker and his supporters are moving forward with an investigation that could result in Suennen being ousted from the executive committee.
Suennen said he sent an eight-page letter to state party officials seeking their intervention. The state party said it would review the matter.
Suennen, Becker and the state party have all declined to comment further.
- MFD: 1 transported from rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed