MADISON, Wis. - A former Fitchburg mayor is out of debit at a Madison business, but he's not the one who paid it off.
The people at First Class Mailers said a good Samaritan saw the News 3 story on the $2,000 debt held by Jay Allen at the business.
The good Samaritan insisted on paying off the money Allen owed for mailers sent out during a 2013 election to once again become Fitchburg mayor.
"People do care deep down about each other, but it seems that every day life gets in the way of that. But there are good people out there. It brings back your faith in humanity," said Duane McGowan, of First Class Mailers.
That good Samaritan asked to remain anonymous.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns