MADISON, Wis. - A former Fitchburg mayor is out of debit at a Madison business, but he's not the one who paid it off.
The people at First Class Mailers said a good Samaritan saw the News 3 story on the $2,000 debt held by Jay Allen at the business.
The good Samaritan insisted on paying off the money Allen owed for mailers sent out during a 2013 election to once again become Fitchburg mayor.
"People do care deep down about each other, but it seems that every day life gets in the way of that. But there are good people out there. It brings back your faith in humanity," said Duane McGowan, of First Class Mailers.
That good Samaritan asked to remain anonymous.
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions