MADISON, Wis. - A former Fitchburg mayor is out of debit at a Madison business, but he's not the one who paid it off.
The people at First Class Mailers said a good Samaritan saw the News 3 story on the $2,000 debt held by Jay Allen at the business.
The good Samaritan insisted on paying off the money Allen owed for mailers sent out during a 2013 election to once again become Fitchburg mayor.
"People do care deep down about each other, but it seems that every day life gets in the way of that. But there are good people out there. It brings back your faith in humanity," said Duane McGowan, of First Class Mailers.
That good Samaritan asked to remain anonymous.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral