MADISON, Wis. - A former Fitchburg mayor is out of debit at a Madison business, but he's not the one who paid it off.
The people at First Class Mailers said a good Samaritan saw the News 3 story on the $2,000 debt held by Jay Allen at the business.
The good Samaritan insisted on paying off the money Allen owed for mailers sent out during a 2013 election to once again become Fitchburg mayor.
"People do care deep down about each other, but it seems that every day life gets in the way of that. But there are good people out there. It brings back your faith in humanity," said Duane McGowan, of First Class Mailers.
That good Samaritan asked to remain anonymous.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving