MADISON, Wis. - Tumbledown Trails Golf Course ran a newspaper ad Monday promoting golf at the course for $9.11 to commemorate Sept. 11. The photo spread to social media and has gotten a lot of attention.
Tumbledown Trails owner Marc Watts said he even got death threats. But golfers were out on the course Wednesday, and they said the deal the course has run for the last three years on 9/11 is a good thing.
"All they're trying to do is help us Americans remember 9/11 from 12 years ago, so I think it's a wonderful gesture on his part," said Tom Larson, a golfer at Tumbledown.
The course planned to donate some money to a 9/11 charity from Wednesday's tee times, but it's not clear how much.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash