MADISON, Wis. - Tumbledown Trails Golf Course ran a newspaper ad Monday promoting golf at the course for $9.11 to commemorate Sept. 11. The photo spread to social media and has gotten a lot of attention.
Tumbledown Trails owner Marc Watts said he even got death threats. But golfers were out on the course Wednesday, and they said the deal the course has run for the last three years on 9/11 is a good thing.
"All they're trying to do is help us Americans remember 9/11 from 12 years ago, so I think it's a wonderful gesture on his part," said Tom Larson, a golfer at Tumbledown.
The course planned to donate some money to a 9/11 charity from Wednesday's tee times, but it's not clear how much.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday