MADISON, Wis. - Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani said it would be an embarrassment if Democrat Tammy Baldwin is elected to the Senate based on her vote against a resolution honoring victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Baldwin's Republican challenger Tommy Thompson raised the issue of her 2006 vote in a campaign ad this week.
Baldwin defends the vote, and said it was based on other language in the resolution referring to Republican initiatives she had opposed. Baldwin has voted nine other times in favor of resolutions honoring the victims.
But Giuliani said in a Friday conference call arranged by Thompson's campaign that Baldwin is so ideological she couldn't see past her partisan concerns to vote for the resolution.
She was one of 22 Democrats who opposed it.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash