MADISON, Wis. - Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani said it would be an embarrassment if Democrat Tammy Baldwin is elected to the Senate based on her vote against a resolution honoring victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Baldwin's Republican challenger Tommy Thompson raised the issue of her 2006 vote in a campaign ad this week.
Baldwin defends the vote, and said it was based on other language in the resolution referring to Republican initiatives she had opposed. Baldwin has voted nine other times in favor of resolutions honoring the victims.
But Giuliani said in a Friday conference call arranged by Thompson's campaign that Baldwin is so ideological she couldn't see past her partisan concerns to vote for the resolution.
She was one of 22 Democrats who opposed it.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say