JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville girl suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot Wednesday afternoon, according to a release.
Police were dispatched to a residence in the 3300 block of Spaulding Avenue for a report of a girl who had suffered a gunshot wound, officials said.
When officers arrived, the only people inside the home were the girl and her 20-year-old brother, according to the release.
Police said the circumstances surrounding the shooting remain under investigation.
Officials said they are confident no further threat is posed to the immediately neighborhood or the community in general.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement