JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville girl suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot Wednesday afternoon, according to a release.
Police were dispatched to a residence in the 3300 block of Spaulding Avenue for a report of a girl who had suffered a gunshot wound, officials said.
When officers arrived, the only people inside the home were the girl and her 20-year-old brother, according to the release.
Police said the circumstances surrounding the shooting remain under investigation.
Officials said they are confident no further threat is posed to the immediately neighborhood or the community in general.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say