MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said an 11-year-old girl has been arrested in connection with the stabbing of an 11-year-old boy.
Police said they responded to a report of a stabbing at about 6:50 p.m. Saturday at a residence in the 1600 block of Capital Avenue on Madison's west side.
Paramedics transported the boy to a Madison hospital with what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries.
Police said Sunday that an 11-year-old girl has been arrested in connection with the stabbing and was taken to the Dane County Juvenile Reception Center.
The victim remained hospitalized Sunday in stable condition, police said.
Madison police said the investigation is ongoing.
It's not clear how the children know each other.
The incident comes exactly one week after a 13-year-old boy reportedly stabbed his brother. That happened at an apartment off of Fordem Avenue on Madison's north side.
This week in Dane County Court, that boy was charged as an adult with attempted homicide.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks