JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville gas station was robbed after the business' front door was smashed in with a brick, Janesville police said.
Janesville police were dispatched to Shore Enterprises at 1905 E. Milwaukee St. around 2:45 a.m. for reports that the front door to the business had its window shattered, according to a release.
Officers went to the business and found that the window had been smashed, authorities said. Officers cleared the business, but did not find any suspects inside.
According to the release, evidence at the scene indicates that a brick was thrown through the window.
The burglars fled the scene on foot with property, police said. Officers checked the area and nearby businesses, but did not find anyone.
Video surveillance is being reviewed, according to the release.
Police said the burglar is described as a man of unknown age wearing a light-colored zippered hooded sweatshirt and baggy jeans.
Officials ask anyone with information about the burglary to contact the Janesville Police Department at 608-757-2244 or the Janesville Area Crime Stoppers at 608-756-3636.
- Divided state Supreme Court upholds DNA fee
- Tony Robinson lawsuit settled for $3.35 million; MPD reacts
- Fate of the historic Monterey Dam is still up for discussion
- Taking time off, staying close to home is beneficial to work, life, expert says
- DCHS partners with other shelters to rescue 49 dogs from former breeder
- Delays expected on Beltline during daytime lane closures, DOT says