JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville fire authorities said an LP gas grill explosion led to a house fire on Friday.
Fire crews arrived at 3205 Canterbury Drive in Janesville to find flames had engulfed the back of the home and had spread to a neighboring house.
Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire, but were unable to save two cats and a bird inside the residence. Authorities said the residents and three dogs were able to escape safely.
Damages were estimated at $250,000 and the fire is under investigation. Fire authorities said a grill malfunction was the official cause of the fire.
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing