JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville fire authorities said an LP gas grill explosion led to a house fire on Friday.
Fire crews arrived at 3205 Canterbury Drive in Janesville to find flames had engulfed the back of the home and had spread to a neighboring house.
Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire, but were unable to save two cats and a bird inside the residence. Authorities said the residents and three dogs were able to escape safely.
Damages were estimated at $250,000 and the fire is under investigation. Fire authorities said a grill malfunction was the official cause of the fire.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two