OAK CREEK, Wis. - There's a new memorial in Oak Creek honoring the victims of the Sikh temple shooting.
High School social worker David Timmer organized the planting Saturday of prairie flowers in the garden in front of the school.
Timmer said the native prairie flowers represent strength in diversity.
Pardeep Kaleka's father was the temple president and was killed Aug. 5.
He told WISN-TV maybe the deaths were not in vain. He said they were for a bigger cause and it helps him find a little closure.
Altogether six people died and four were wounded in the deadly rampage. The shooter, Wade Michael Page, was shot during a firefight with police and died after he shot himself in the head.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash